Emails are one of the oldest forms of communication on the Internet. Apple’s iPhone also supports them through their official Mail app, which can be used to perform all your email related tasks.
Talking about the Mail app, it’s definitely a well-designed app to suit users’ needs. But sometimes, it doesn’t work as per your instructions and new emails don’t show up on iPhone.
If you access work mails or other important mails from your iPhone, it can be really frustrating to see such behavior on the device. And unlike different iOS issues, you won’t even get error message on the screen.
This makes it more difficult to find an appropriate solution to fix the issue.
So, how do you address this problem? Well, you can take a look at the following suggestions that might help in getting new emails back on iPhone.
Update iOS Software
Apple rolls out many software updates for iPhone users, which are meant to fix several bugs and glitches.
If you’ve haven’t updated your iPhone yet, go to the Settings app and download the update from there. It will automatically refresh the iPhone system and remove any possible issues related to mails’ reception.
Perform Reload in Mail App
After updating the device, this is the step that you need to follow.
- Go to the Mail app and scroll down screen window until you see the reload circle icon.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to complete the fetch process.
- Perform the reload step for 2-3 times so that it can download your mails from all the mailboxes.
Generally, the Mail app automatically performs this step to show all unread emails on iPhone, but you must do it manually whenever new emails don’t show up on your screen.
Fetch New Data
If you wish to receive new emails in Mail app, you will have to enable the ‘Push’ option from settings.
Here’s how to do it –
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app from Home screen.
2. Select ‘Mail’ icon from the list and tap on ‘Accounts’ section.
3. Select ‘Fetch New Data’ from the last option and enable the ‘Push’ feature as shown below.
4. For those who don’t want to enable the Push feature, you can select fetch schedule as per your requirement. Just scroll down the window and you will find the schedule as displayed below.
So, if there was any issue related to automated email notifications, it’ll be resolved completely. Your Mail app will now fetch and display new emails accordingly.
Turn Off/On Mail Services
This is another way to fix the email issue on your iPhone.
Apple’s iOS system lets you disable and enable email accounts from the settings app. You can make use of this feature to get rid of technical errors that block mail services.
Don’t know how to perform this task? No problem!
Just go through these steps and follow them accordingly –
- Open the Settings app on iPhone.
- Select ‘Mail’ icon from the list and head over to ‘Accounts’ section.
- Tap on your email account.
- Turn off ‘Mail’ option.
- Restart the device using Home + Power button method.
- Turn on ‘Mail’ option from Settings app.
- Check your mails in the Mail app.
Voila! Now, your Mail app is ready to receive and display new emails from your account.
In case it doesn’t work, you may try deleting entire account as suggested below.
Delete Your Email Account
Don’t be surprised!
You don’t have to delete your email account from its service provider. You just have to delete it from the Mail app and add it again. With this method, you can easily remove any glitches present in the Mail app.
Note – Your device will also delete your contacts connected to respective email accounts, so please don’t forget to backup them.
Steps to follow:
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app from Home screen.
2. Select ‘Mail’ icon from the list.
3. Tap on ‘Accounts’ section, which will show you the list of mail accounts available on your device.
4. Select the faulty email account and delete it by tapping on the ‘Delete Account’ option.
If you wanna delete all email accounts, you may do so by deleting individual account at a time.
5. Once you delete the account, restart the phone using Home + Power button method.
6. Now, add your email account/s using same Mail settings option.
7. When you’re done with adding those accounts, open the Mail app and check your mailboxes.
Done! This way, you will be able to resolve the connectivity issues that stop your iPhone from fetching new emails in Mail app.
In offices, many administrators block mail servers or network access during office hours. This helps them make employees focus on their work rather than checking emails or surfing internet (to find better jobs).
Even if these policies may seem harsh towards employees, there are lots of companies that follow them on regular basis.
If your company has similar policies, please confirm it from office admins. They might help you understand why you can’t see any new emails in your mail app.
Well, that’s pretty much it for now! Since email issues are often related to servers and network connections, you can only fix them to certain level. After that, it comes down to the people/companies who provide these services.
It’s important to note that you don’t have to change your network or phone settings if you haven’t touched them earlier. It could be a minor issue that needs little or no attention at all.
Do contact your service provider or Apple support team to understand more details about such issues.