In recent years, some messenger services like WhatsApp, iMessage and Facebook Messenger have done a great job in establishing the new era of seamless communication.
These services are very much effective in keeping you connected with your friends and family, but you can’t really use them everywhere. When it comes to the business or work communications, we still rely on age-old services like telephonic conversations and email transfers.
Fortunately, the iPhone devices also support business emails with new features for all users, which means you can send and receive emails without having to access your office computer.
Talking about the work emails, there is a slightly different technique to set them up on iPhone. You will require some additional details from your employer to access such emails on the device.
Note – If your company uses popular email services like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Exchange, and Outlook, you can just add the login details in Settings and start operating emails from Mail app.
If not, you will have to go through the following steps to add work email to iPhone. Currently, there are two methods through which you can access work emails on iPhone. So, let’s begin with the process.
Exchange Email Method
It is one of the most favored methods to add work emails on Apple devices. It works great with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 as well as other third party servers.
Please follow these steps to setup your new work email id –
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app and go to the ‘Mail’ option.
2. Tap on the ‘Add Account’ option available in the Accounts section.
3. Tap on the ‘Exchange’ option as displayed below.
4. In this, you will have to add your email and password details.
If you haven’t received your password yet, please get it from your company’s IT support team.
Note – Don’t forget to note down the ‘Exchange Device ID’ mentioned at the bottom of your screen. The network managers might require this ID to keep track of each device that accesses company’s information.
5. Enter the passcode if needed.
6. Now, select the services that you want to access on your iPhone. If you don’t want anything other than email, just disable them and save the settings.
7. Go to the Mail app and select your new work email account. Refresh the screen using Swipe Down method.
It will automatically fetch new emails for you. If it doesn’t work, there might be some issues with company’s mail servers. Please visit your IT support team and inform them about it. They will surely help you resolve the problem.
You can also take a look at some of the possible solutions to this email issue here – Emails Not Showing Up on iPhone [Fix]
Other Email Method
Along with different email account services, Apple has also offered ‘Other’ email option for third party servers.
So, what does this exactly mean?
Well, if you want to access emails from servers that are not pre-approved by Apple’s system, you will need to provide more details in Mail settings. It ensures quick and secured access to your emails and attachments available on the unknown server.
You can also make use of this service if the above method i.e. Exchange Email Method doesn’t work at all. Of course, you will have to take some help from your IT support team for server and account login details.
Anyway, please follow the steps mentioned below –
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app on your screen and go to the ‘Mail’ option.
2. Select ‘Add Account’ and tap on the ‘Other’ email service option.
You will find this option at the bottom as displayed below.
3. Tap on the ‘Add Mail Account’ from Mail section and add your login details there.
4. Next, you will need to provide Incoming and Outgoing server links along with the username and password details.
Note – You should get these details from your company.
5. Once you’re done with these steps, go to the next screen and select the services that are important for your regular use.
6. Save the settings and check whether you’re receiving the emails or not.
To check this, you will have to go to the Mail app on iPhone and select the newly added account for latest email updates. Refresh the screen or wait for some time if you don’t see new unread emails.
Still facing some problem? Have a look at the tips mentioned above.
So, that’s pretty much about the work email setup on iPhone.
It’s quite simple and easy to perform on your own. You only have to type the details provided by your company in respective settings fieIds. These details are more than enough to rock your iPhone with new email update notifications.
I hope you manage to add your business or work email account in Mail app using these easy methods. If you need any more help regarding this guide, please comment below, and I’d be glad to help you out.