Sing Siri Sing!
Can you make Siri sing your favorite song? Is it even possible?
I’m sure you must be having several such questions in your mind, and you might want to know the trick to hear a melody song or a rap song from your iPhone’s virtual assistant.
When Apple introduced Siri – the personal virtual assistant to iOS & macOS users, it didn’t receive a great response from early reviewers and tech pundits. Later on, however, people did understand the effectiveness of this cool feature on their devices.
And now, things have changed quite a lot after many years of behavioral data and intelligence improvements.
Apart from its core technical features, Siri has also become more humorous and lively in its reply messages. Its impressively funny replies will surely make you laugh out loud!
Siri can also say anything you want. It can even sing a song for you!
How To Make Siri Sing A Song
Let’s find out the way to make Siri sing a song in its peculiar style.
You can perform this trick on iOS as well as macOS, so I’ll share the guide for both these platforms.
iPhone users can use the Settings app to enable Speech Selection for this Siri trick.
Steps to follow –
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Speech and enable the Speech Selection option.
Note – You can also enable the Speak Screen option to make Siri speak everything on the screen.
Once you have enabled these options, you will have to perform the next series of steps to hear Siri’s singing talent.
- Open Safari browser on your iPhone.
- Search for the lyrics of your favorite song on the internet.
- Select the text and tap the Speak option.
That’s it! Now, Siri will start singing the selected song in its style.
On macOS, you will need to use a different technique to get Siri to sing your song.
You will have to set up the system voice as per Siri’s voice, which helps resemble the same experience on Mac. So, here’s how you can change the voice settings on your computer –
- Open System Preferences app using Spotlight Search.
- Select the Accessibility icon and go to Speech option.
- Change System Voice to Samantha (English – United States – Female).
- Download and install the voice file as prompted on the screen.
- Once you’ve downloaded the file, make Samantha’s voice as your new standard voice option for Speech feature.
- Enable the “Speak selected text when the key is pressed” option as shown in the following image.
This option will work similar to Speak Selection feature in iOS, which helps Siri understand and process the selected text.
You can also change the speech key as per your comfort and choice. Just click on the ‘Change Key’ button and set your preferred key.
Once you’ve set up the speech selection and preferred key option, find the lyrics of your favorite song.
- Open Safari or any other browser and search for the lyrics.
- Select those lyrics and press Option + Esc keys on your keyboard.
Note – If you have previously set up the speech selection keys on your Mac, you won’t be able to hear anything from your virtual assistant. So, make sure you change the preferred keys again as suggested above.
Now, that’s how you make Siri sing a song on your device. You can try this trick with any style of song, and Siri will be ready to entertain you in its typical fashion.
Siri, Sing Me A Song
And yes, there’s more to the Siri’s singing talent story.
If you want to hear a song without copy-pasting lyrics from websites, you can try the following funny trick.
Just say these eight magical words to Siri and wait for the magic –
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Haha! That was so hilarious, right?
How To Get Siri To Play A Song
Is there any other way to play your favorite song with the help of this virtual assistant?
Yes, indeed! It can surely play a song from the music library.
Since Siri is an advanced virtual assistant, you can use its services to get things done quickly on your devices. You don’t have to go to each app and look for different features. This intelligent assistant will do that for you.
So, whenever you feel like playing a song on your iPhone, you can certainly ask Siri to play it for you. It can also play a specific song or album if you specify it in your commands.
Here’s a list of Siri’s music commands to make your music experience more interesting on iPhone –
- Play Music – To play a song from your music list.
- Play My Favorites – To play songs from your favorites list.
- Play More Like This – To play songs in similar genre or style of music.
- Shuffle (Artist/Album Name) – To shuffle songs from artists and albums list.
- Pause, Resume, Stop This Song – To perform these tasks while playing a song.
- Who Sang This Song – To find out the artist that sang the song.
- Skip – To skip the currently playing song.
- Add This Song To Library – To feature the currently playing song in the music library.
These are some of the commands that you can use while using Siri on the phone. So, if you want to get Siri to play a song, don’t forget to say ‘Hey Siri, Play Music!’ And it will start playing the song for you.
For new iPhone users, this is how you can ask Siri to play a song from your list –
- Press & Hold the Home button on your iPhone.
- Wait for Siri’s interface to appear on the screen.
- Say this command with clear voice – ‘Hey Siri, play [song_name]’
- Siri will process your information and look for the requested song in the music library.
- Once it finds out the song, it will automatically start playing the song.
And as mentioned above, you can use different commands to enjoy the music experience in Siri’s interface.
Pro Tip –
Use the Music Player app for regular use. It has more features and interactive elements than Siri’s Q&A interface.
Even though we have seen a lot of improvements in this virtual assistant feature, the dedicated apps experience gives us more freedom and abilities to personalize our devices.