Confetti is so much fun!
But how do we make Confetti in today’s digital world? Is it possible send Confetti on iPhones?
In this post, we will learn to make and send Confetti using iPhones. So, get your phone and start following the steps mentioned below.
Send Confetti On iPhone
In the first guide, we will try to learn the method of making Confetti on Apple’s iPhone devices.
For this method to work, you will need to have the following things –
- iOS 10+ version
- iMessage on both iPhones (Sender & Receiver)
You won’t be able to make and send Confetti without these requisites.
Here’s how you can activate iMessage service on your device –
Note – Your carrier/service provider may charge activation charges as per the tariff.
Enable iMessage on iPhone –
- Open the Settings app on your screen.
- Scroll down and select the Messages option.
- Tap iMessage to enable its features on your phone.
The system might take a few seconds to send your request and complete the activation process.
Now that you have activated iMessage, it’s time to check the software version. If you haven’t downloaded iOS 10 yet, check the steps given below to update your iPhone.
Update iOS –
- Open the Settings app.
- Select General and tap the Software Update option.
That’s it! Now, iOS will look for a new available update for your iPhone. Once it finds the software update, just select the download and install options as they appear on your screen.
Alright, let’s see how to make Confetti on iPhone.
Steps to follow –
1. Open the Messages app on iPhone.
2. Tap the New Message icon available on the top right side of your display screen.
3. Add the receiver’s phone number (or Contact Profile) to receiver’s field.
4. Type Congrats or any other text that you want to send in the text field.
5. Press and hold the up arrow till you see the new effects window.
Note – If you don’t select receiver’s contact details, you won’t be able to send Confetti or any other screen effects through your iPhone. The option to select these effects will remain disabled.
6. Tap the Screen option.
7. Swipe left to get the ‘Send With Conffeti’ option as displayed below.
8. Select the up arrow again to send the message with Confetti effect.
And that’s how you send Confetti on iPhone!
If the receiver doesn’t see Confetti in the Messages app, you will have to ask him/her to check the iMessage settings. It’d be impossible to view this cool screen effect if the service is disabled.
How To Send Confetti Using Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger
You might wonder whether it’s possible to use this same effect on other messaging apps.
Unfortunately, you can’t use the Confetti effect or similar iMessage effects on Whatsapp or Messenger. At this moment, Apple only provides support to its core apps.
iMessage is an indigenous feature in the iOS system, so it’s quite obvious to see those beautiful effects while using the app.
On the other hand, Whatsapp and Messenger are third-party apps from Facebook. You won’t see such features on these apps.
But there is no need to worry at all!
You can use alternatives like GIFs and Emojis to send Confetti on these messaging apps.
Guide to send confetti GIFs on Whatsapp
Even though the Confetti and other effects are only available for Apple iMessage users, you can still share different GIFs with your friends on Whatsapp.
Here’s how to do it –
1. Open Whatsapp.
2. Tap the friend’s name to open the chat window.
3. Select the photo sharing option (Photo & Video Library).
4. Tap the GIF option and search for Confetti.
5. Select your favorite GIF image from the available list and tap the Send option.
The best thing about GIFs is that you can share as many GIFs as you can on Whatsapp. You will always find various new GIF images on the search list.
Let’s take a look at the Facebook Messenger method now.
Guide to send confetti GIFs on Facebook Messenger
The Facebook Messenger method is slightly different from Whatsapp method.
In this method, you don’t have to tap the photo sharing option to find the Confetti GIFs.
Steps to follow:
1. Open the Messenger app on your iPhone.
2. Select the friend’s name and tap the plus (+) option.
3. Tap the GIF icon from the available list of options.
4. Type Confetti in the text field and select the GIF image as per your choice.
5. Once you select the image, add some text in the field if you want and hit the send button.
So, that’s how you send Confetti on Facebook Messenger! Enjoy!
Apart from default GIFs, there are some dedicated websites on the internet that offer interesting GIFs for all users. You can download these images on your iPhone and share them on Whatsapp and Messenger.
If you don’t like sending GIFs, you can also use Confetti emojis to share with your friends on these messenger platforms.
Do I have to pay any charges for these Confetti effects on my iPhone?
No, these effects are free to use, and you can send them infinite times without having to worry about any sending limit.
Regarding charges, your carrier may deduct a few bucks to activate the iMessage service.
Can I send any other effects using the same method?
Of course, yes!
Apple offers many such free effects for iOS users. The list includes – Echo, Spotlight, Bubbles, Confetti, Love, Lasers, Fireworks, Shooting Star, and Celebration.
Is it possible to send Confetti on no iOS 10 devices?
Since this features are only accessible on iOS 10+ devices, you will not be able to use them on iOS 9 or similar OS-based models.
You will have to update your OS or iPhone to enjoy these iMessage features. And if you’re planning to get a new iPhone, it’s better to go for latest iPhone models like iPhone X.
These new devices will offer better battery life even after using such resource-intensive features.
If you have any more questions regarding Confetti on iPhone, leave a comment below. And if you like this guide, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more tips and tricks.